I head the Entomology Research and Extension Program at the Rutgers Marucci Blueberry and Cranberry Research and Extension Center in Chatsworth, New Jersey.
The goal of my research program is the development and implementation of cost-effective reduced-risk insect pest management practices for blueberries and cranberries. This goal is achieved through the integration of chemical, behavioral, and biological methods in insect control and a better understanding on the ecology of insect herbivores and their natural enemies. My extension program delivers pest management information to growers by conducting on-farm demonstration trials, presentations, and extension publications.
I am a Graduate Faculty in the Departments
of Entomology and Ecology & Evolution
ResearchGate Link and Google Scholar Link
Philip E. Marucci Blueberry and Cranberry Research Center
125a Lake Oswego
Chatsworth, NJ 08019 U.S.A.
Phone: (609) 726-1590 Ext. 4412
Fax: (609) 726-1593
We Are in the News
- Dean’s October report, State Board of Ag - Fruit IPM program project, Area-Wide Pest Management Program to Improve Honey Bee Health in Blueberry and Cranberry Pollination Services. Click here.
- Experiences in agricultural research (Colombia). Click here.
- Lanternfly migration could mean trouble for New Jersey. Click here.
- Entomology Students Honored at Entomology Society Meeting. Click here.
- Biopesticide Efficacy Trials Funded by the IR-4 Project (see pages 6-7). Click here.
- Biopesticide Program Finds Promising Solutions for Organic Growers (see pages 4-5). Click here.
- Plum Curculio Aggregation Pheromone (see page 6). Click here.
- An Agricultural Balancing Act: A look at the biological control consequences of crop domestication. Click here.
- Researchers Seek Ways to Fight Insect. Click here.
- Research Examines Spotted Wing Drosophila. Click here.
- Blueberry farmers share latest pest-control strategies in Hammonton. Click here
- Pest Control: SWD Persists, but Research Holds Promise. Click here
- Snow cover, temperature fluctuations pose climate threat. Click here